- Nearly 1 billion people around the world don’t have safe water to drink.
- A child dies every 15 seconds from a lack of clean water
- 1 in 4 children who die before age 5 worldwide, die of water related disease.
- Children often walk miles every days to collect dirty water to drink.
- The average distance women in Africa & Asia walk to collect water is 6km.
The solutions: You get involved and help dig wells, build small dams, put up water tanks and provide clean, safe water for thousands. Providing water is one of the best forms of Saqadqa Jariya( Hadith). Since 2004, Save The Mothers Trusts’ volunteers haves worked tirelessly in constructing wells in Pakistan & Africa.
In West Africa (Ghana, Ivory Coast & Mali) since 2004 more than 150 wells have been excavated providing clean water to the surrounding villages. Clean water is an essential commodity which will reduce the suffering of the sick & the poorly and more importantly save the lives of many people who may otherwise be at risk of developing long term & sometimes fatal deceases. With your generosity and compassion we will strive to continue our successful mission in the region by promoting the benefits of self sufficiency and independence.
SMT’s water & sanitation activities include:
- Building water supply systems in deprived areas
- Excavating & restoring wells
- Implementing water purification projects
- Undertaking integrated sanitation programs
- Community mobilization and awareness programmed
Clean water is essential for life, but one in eight of the world’s population does not have access to it. By supporting us, your regular gift could help change the lives of millions of people, starting today.